HomeSportsFootballClarification: AIFF refutes allegations of mismanagement of Subhasish Bose’s injury

Clarification: AIFF refutes allegations of mismanagement of Subhasish Bose’s injury

In an agency story carried by Sportstar on August 18, a Mohun Bagan SG official pointed to the case of skipper Subhasish Bose, who has been sidelined since suffering an injury during India’s Asian Cup qualifier against Bangladesh in March this year.

“Look at Bose… He’s under rehab, missed the entire season so far, we are paying his salary, and yet the federation hasn’t even called once to inquire about him.” He further added, “Unless it is a FIFA international window, it is not mandatory for the club to release its players as there is no compensation in case of injury. Hence, we are not releasing anyone for this camp… Every time they take our players, three or four of them return injured, and the AIFF is least bothered to communicate, compensate, or even check on them.,” the official told PTI.

Refuting Mohun Bagan’s allegations of mismanagement of Bose’s injury, the All Indian Football Federation (AIFF) secretary general quoted the official response from the AIFF senior national team medical expert and said in a statement, “This is a clarification regarding the reports spreading in newspapers and news portals regarding the alleged mismanagement of Subhasish Bose’s injury. Subhasish Bose was not injured during the AFC Asian Cup – 2027 qualifier match vs Bangladesh on March 25th, 2025, in Shillong, where he played 85 mins and was substituted on a tactical decision and not due to any injury. After that, he played full-time in both legs of the ISL semifinals on April 3rd and 7th, respectively, and 90 mins in the ISL final on April 12th, where he was substituted.

“He attended the National Team camp on 18th May 2025, and after 1-2 training sessions, he complained of right groin discomfort. On eliciting the history, he informed the medical team that he had sustained an injury to his right groin during the final of ISL on 12th April 2025. After the injury, what he did was take rest only and attended the camp with a lay-off of more than a month. No investigations or rehab were done during that period. This was not informed to the National Team Medical Department or the support staff by the club.

“When he started to have mild discomfort, his load was reduced, given rest from training for 5 days, along with treatments and separate sessions for rehab were given. Though he was symptomatically better and the Coach wanted him for the AFC Asian Cup Qualifier match on the 9th of June, given his persistence of vague discomfort and the risk of aggravating his injury, he was released from the camp upon the Medical Team’s advise on 5th June 2025. The Medical Team was keeping in touch with Subhasish regarding his progress, while he was rehabilitating with the club medical team.”

Content Source: sportstar.thehindu.com

Related News

Latest News