Woltemade reportedly said his goodbyes at Stuttgart before flying to England to complete the formalities on Thursday. Just as one marquee deal is set to be completed, another may be on the horizon with Newcastle said to be keen on raiding Barcelona.
They are interested in bringing Fermin Lopez into their squad but will face stiff competition from Tottenham, according to El Chiringuito.
Newcastle are thought to be preparing a huge offer for the young forward, with club chiefs reportedly willing to pay over £86m. They would also be happy to quadruple his existing salary to sweeten the deal.
Earlier this week, it was reported by Cope that Lopez was earning around £99,000 per week at Barcelona. It means that Newcastle would be willing to pay him an astonishing salary of £396,000 per week.
Chelsea have also been linked with a move for the 22-year-old, who is a product of the La Masia academy. Earlier this year, he suggested that he was perfectly happy at Barcelona and was not interested in leaving the Catalan giants.
Speaking to the RAC1 radio station, Lopez said: “I don’t plan on leaving. I’m very happy at Barca. It was my dream and I want to stay there.”
The winger, who can also play as an attacking midfielder, remains tied down at Barcelona until 2029. Last season, he scored six goals and laid on another five assists in 29 league appearances.
Barcelona manager Hansi Flick is a huge fan of Lopez, saying earlier this month: “Last season was spectacular for [him]. We have a lot of quality in that position [with] Dani Olmo, too. We have to manage it well, the minutes, the players.
“I’m very happy. I wasn’t so happy [with Lopez] in pre-season but he’s improved in the last two weeks. Against Como, he showed how good he is.”
For the latest breaking stories and headlines, sign up to our Daily Express transfer newsletter.
Content Source: www.express.co.uk