HomeSportsTennisU.S. Open 2025: Draper pulls out due to injury, Bergs through to...

U.S. Open 2025: Draper pulls out due to injury, Bergs through to third round

Jack Draper has pulled out of US Open 2025 due to an arm injury ahead of his second-round clash against Belgium’s Zizou Bergs, the top-ranked British man announced on Wednesday.

“I’m sorry to say I’ll be withdrawing from the US open. I tried my very best to be here and give myself the every chance to play but the discomfort in my arm has become to much and I have to do what is right and look after myself. Thank you for all the support,” said World No. 5 Draper in a post on social media.

Later, the organisers confirmed his withdrawal as the tournament’s social media handle said, “Jack Draper has withdrawn from the Men’s Singles event with an injury. Zizou Bergs advances to the third round by walkover.”

Draper, last year’s semifinalist at Flushing Meadows, had begun his campaign with a four-set win over Argentina’s Federico Agustin Gomez in the opening round. It was the first match for the 23-year-old left-handed Brit since a shock second-round loss to Marin Cilic at Wimbledon.

He had missed the Masters 1000 events in Toronto and Cincinnati due to the same injury.

World No. 48 Bergs will face either Gabriel Diallo or Jaume Munar for a place in the round of 16.

Published on Aug 27, 2025

Content Source: sportstar.thehindu.com

Related News

Latest News